The Body Shop Seaweed Pore Perfector Review:
The Body Shop claims: Our Seaweed Pore Perfector is packed with two types of seaweed, sourced from two areas of the ocean to ensure the high quality and rich source of the nutrients from these amazing marine plants. We use Community Trade, wild-harvested seaweed from Roaring Water Bay Co-operative in Ireland, as well as seaweed gathered from the French islands of Brehat, in the North Atlantic Ocean where clear waters and warm gulf streams have created some of the richest natural seaweed beds in the world. These vitamin-rich ingredients work with complementary action to help reduce sebum levels, balance oiliness, purify and condition the skin, and provide a long-lasting matte complexion. Refine your skin with a targeted gel treatment designed to unblock pores and control excess shine.
How it works:
· Community Trade bladderwack seaweed and seaweed harvested from the French Coast work together to balance skin tone and clarify the complexion.
· Natural plant astringents including extracts of cinnamon, burnet and ginger help to visibly reduce the appearance of enlarged pores and blemish-damaged skin.
Instructions from The Body Shop site:
Apply a small amount to the specific problem areas on the face after cleansing and before putting on your daily moisturizer using your fingertips. Can be used both day and night.
Water, Cyclomethicone, Alcohol Denat., Glycerin, Pentylene Glycol, Butylene Glycol, Salix Nigra (Willow) Bark Extract, Sodium Carbomer, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Amorphophallus Konjac Root Powder, Zinc PCA, Fragrance, Glyceryl Acrylate/Acrylic Acid Copolymer, Disodium EDTA, Fucus Vesiculosus Extract, Laminaria Saccharina Extract, Benzyl Alcohol, Linalool, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Cinnamomum Cassia Extract, Poterium Officinale Root Extract, Zingiber Officinale (Ginger) Root Extract, Phenoxyethanol, Sodium Hydroxide, Benzyl Salicylate, Denatonium Benzoate, Tocopherol.
Price: Rs. 895 for 15 ml/ $20 for 0.5 US FL Oz
My two cents on this product:
I bought this product mainly to target large pores on my nose and some pores left behind by acne on my cheeks. I have an oily T Zone. I used this gel religiously hoping my pores would miraculously disappear. Every morning I would eagerly check my face in the mirror wishing my pores would have been “Perfected”. But I was left disappointed. I was regretting my choice of picking this up over the tried and tested Tea Tree face mask which was similarly priced. I was so frustrated that I relegated this product to the depths of my stash.
A few months later I was reminded of this on my visit to a TBS outlet. I had always felt that this gel never left my face greasy. The same night I dabbed this gel on my face after thorough exfoliation and viola it left my face smooth and supple. I then realized that this could be a good substitute for a moisturizer for oily skinned people. I now use this gel as a part of my CTM regimen in the mornings and it leaves my face wonderfully fresh and awakened.
· Gets easily absorbed into the skin, especially after exfoliation.
· Never broke me out.
· Doesn’t leave the skin greasy at all. Leaves behind a smooth matte complexion. I apply a pea sized amount of this onto my skin and gently tap it for a few seconds.
· A small amount goes a long way. This bottle would easily last for 4-5 months with regular use.
· The bottle has a pump dispenser which dispenses just the right amount needed and is hygienic.
· It is steeply priced.
· Does not live up to its claim as a Pore Perfector.I feel it is more suited as a moisturizer. Anyway I strongly feel that a “Pore Minimiser” would be a better claim than a “Pore Perfector” .Why would anyone wants to perfect their pores?
· Suited only for the Combination to Oily skinned people.
Now that I have found about its utility as a moisturizer I love it. I would still want to try out other moisturizers meant for oily skins like the Cetaphil one. I can always come back to this otherwise, Can’t I?